Evaluating the evolution of my technological skills

The main way our work this year has developed from last year is through our use of the Final Cut Express editing software. A large step up from the incredibly user-friendly iMovie software from last year, it was difficult to manage at first, but once I had learnt the basics, soon into the editing process I was able to work at a familiar pace. Also, the increased functionality became not just apparent, but useful too. Not only were we able to manipulate the framing of one shot to cut off the edges and bring the shot closer to the star, but also in one shot able to cut out an actor entirely by overlaying half of the frame with a shot of the 'blank' background.

This year, I also used several new (to me at least) services such as Slideshare, Scribd and Prezi to access or upload documents onto this blog. I also used image editing software Photoshop for the first time, as well as online image editing service Picnik- although the former was more difficult to get accustomed to, it offered much more photo manipulation than the latter. These services all enabled me to create a more multimedia blog.